2-piper,

I like LeFever's, Fox's and L.C. Smith's if a Guns Smith does not want to work on any of my guns it's usually because they do not possess the talent and experience to due so.

There are very few Gun Smiths who can work on L.C. Smith guns correctly, usually it take a Master Gun Maker to due the job professionally.

I never judge a gun maker by reputation, I judge his talent by the work he has done on my double guns. Freddie Brunner and Rich Painter are the men who work on my good L.C. Smith, LeFever and Fox double guns.

It's always my choice as to which double guns I purchase, nobody else makes that decision for me, few have my engineering back ground to even begin to make those kind of decisions for me. If you happen to like certain Gun Smith's work, and he does a good job for you and others you know, please employ him to work on your guns. However never tell me which Gun Maker I need to employ, recommendations are nice, however do not over step your bounds or your knowledge.

Further when you talk about these burst tests, put up the actual copies of the test results, not what you think might have happened. The one engineering criteria we know for sure is no Damascus set of Barrels can equal the Krupp metallurgical formula when pressure tested, not even the Sr Joseph best Damascus. If a test is done that destroys the Brown Rotary Bolt, the complete Hodges type breech, barrels and stock will be destroyed along with it, in reality proving very little, except you destroyed a complete double gun at a certain pressure.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 08/11/18 02:48 PM.