Yeah, I know. If you don't like it, hit your 'back one page' button.

MGW sent me an e-mail for a discount on all things Timney.

I bit on the 'trigger fix' kit for the 870/110 since I still have a few of those and only one satisfactory trigger group.

This comes with a sear and three springs to select from as well as an adjustment feature. It appears aimed at the slug shooting crowd.

It works just peachy. It turned a 5 pound crummy trigger into a 2 3/4 pound pretty decent trigger. Tiny bit of slack, but no creep. Nifty mod.

I remember the fun we used to have trying to improve the 1100 triggers by cutting down the sear springs and using brass to shim the trigger pivot tube. Usually resulted in a single shot or a zero shot when the spring got too light to reset the disconnector.

This takes care of that. I've fired the gun 100 times in repeater mode with zero malfunctions. Wish I had this mod 35 years ago and Titewad powder too. That stuff is the greatest for gasclackers. Whistle clean.

One word on installation. Remington appears to have staked the sear axle on SOME of the trigger groups. Naturally, the one I wanted to convert was one that was staked. It takes a very small Dremel burr to grind the staking out before you can push the pin out. The carrier assembly also has to be removed so you can push the sear axle out from the inside of the hole where the carrier dog spring lives. It's not at all difficult to install, but if your axle is staked there's a bit more work to do.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble