Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
CB, if what candidates were offering were their "hard earned life and business experience" you'd be on firm ground. However, candidates are as suspect as incumbents. The difference is we have a record on incumbents.

But the incumbents know their way around and are already at the trough. At least the rookies will need some time before they can really fill their boots.

These men and women who spend their whole effective working life as a politician don't view the world remotely as either you or I. And I think that is a very bad thing. I also think the machinery/effort/money needed to get re-elected has contributed mightily to the historic divide and partisanship in politics in both our countries.

Term limits should go hand in hand with election finance reform. It's out of control. And the money being spent just to win elections should give you some inkling of the size of the prize. It's a lot more than a senator's salary.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia