When you buy your .410 forget about getting a full choke, dont even think about it! I think that one reason so many people despise .410s is from their childhood experiences shooting a full-choked single barrel .410 as their first gun, thats a combination thatd make anyone hate the gun. In my opinion modified is as tight as youll ever need. For the .410s Ive owned its always been either open or skeet in my right barrel and IM or modified in my left barrel.

Steve

PS KY Jon posted his thread while I was posting mine. I can see we disagree on full chokes which is okay, whatever works best for him and we agree about the too-tight pattern close in. However, it's been my experience that a modified will consistently throw a good pattern out to 30 yards and give you better patterns closer in. However, after 30 yards forgetaboutit! BTW I have some photos of patterns I shot at 50', 75' and 90' however, if I posted the photo's people would go blind trying to see them (I should've circled the hits with a marking pen).

Last edited by Rockdoc; 07/18/18 10:40 AM.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)