Gamehide makes a product called "Elimitick". This clothing line uses a Permethrin impregnated fabric and seems to work quite well. They make hats, socks, shirts, coats, gloves and pants out of the Elimitick fabric. Last I checked, it comes in tan/brown or in camo patterns. I use this in turkey season, archery season and early goose season without any Deet applications and it seems to work quite well. I can't say I've ever had a tick on me while wearing it. This technology is very helpful when archery hunting in thick deer (and tick) laden brush and when you do not want to apply insecticides, which may cause a wary buck to catch your scent. Anyways, this fabric is soft and not exceedingly tough wearing, so it will certainly not hold up to the rigors of hunting birds in thorny brush. However, it could be worn as a base layer under protective clothing. I do believe they offer tight fitting base layer garments out of the fabric as well. It's not exceedingly cheap, but medical treatments aren't either. The Permethrin is supposed to last something like over 100 washings. Sadly, if you're hunting on a hot October day, I think you'll be in trouble...stick with double Deet and a t-shirt.

Best of luck Lloyd...

https://gamehide.com/product-category/elimitick-hunting-clothing/