In late May 2018 I spoke to the factory. The gentleman said that they had sent a few upgrade wood version to folks who returned them, and they replaced the stocks to a higher standard, no charge. This was early on in production. They have since upgraded both the entry level wood and the standard wood.

He said they are made on the same production line by the same craftsmen who make the Inverness but leave out a few steps like engraving. He claimed the internal finish is the same. I'm about to get a 30" semi-pistol grip stock in standard grade. I will have it fitted and balanced to my dimensions. Even though it is a entry wood I have no problem with it. In fact, the "cult of wood" has gotten out of hand. Bespoke London guns have shiny stocks, etc.

BTW, alder adder, the English system of gunmakers balancing a gun is measured X.KK" in front of the front trigger, not the hinge pin.

I have spoken to one gunsmith of impeccable reputation who said they are indeed on a Rizzini action and are high quality. He has fitted quite a few for clients through his shop. He recommended it. I will also have him put an extra coat of lacquer on the case hardening.

Since most Italian guns are grossly over-priced, it is refreshing to see a sporting gun manufacturer in (now) anti-gun CT pick up the pieces.

Does anyone know how to dull the shiny finish on the stock? 0000 steel wool and some linseed oil? How about a 3M blue pad and linseed oil?

Last edited by Niemann; 06/16/18 11:09 AM.