Nothing as esoteric as a titanium frame (I won't be riding in Europe in any bikes races) but, I have done similar:

This is a bike I lusted after as a kid. 1972 Peugeot UO8, the base model. They were light for how much steel they contained, and mine has been on a diet. Wheels, seatpost, and a few other parts are now aluminum. The pedals and the brakes were among the few things Peugeot got right, and they, along with the shifters, are OEM. Advertised as having long seat stays for better use with paniers, it has relaxed frame geometry, and is a hoot to ride. I prefer steel farmes.

More steel:

1973 Schwinn Le Tour. The kid who got this for Christmas in my neighborhood didn't ride much, and it ended up in a dumpster with two flat tires when his family moved. I used it the way it was sold for perhaps two decades, and then put it on a diet. These bikes were produced by Panasonic in Japan for Schwinn. This one is down to an honest 22 pounds with Greenfield kickstand.

I still ride my three and five speeds more than my 10s. I have some carpel tunnel issues sneaking in due to my job, the uprights are more comfortable these days, and I'm seldom in a hurry. Just like my guns, I don't have a collection, I have an accumulation.

The right English gunmaker will refurbish a gun for you, perhaps you could specify no lower rib on a sidelever? Its just money, right?

Best,
Ted