Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Because the government has frightened people so that uninformed sellers think they have to. I had a gun shipped to a particularly ornery gunshop here last week because the seller refused to ship direct.

The gun was a Wilkes-Barre which went out of business in 1895. Once the gunshop had it in hand they refused to let me have it without filling out a 4473 and paying them a transfer fee. Aggravating!...Geo

Geo needs to find a local FFL who understands the law and isn't a money grubbing dick. Gunbroker has a nationwide list of FFL dealers who will do transfers, and there were several in my area I didn't even know of, along with a wide range of prices for the exact same firearms transfer service and Instant Check if necessary. I have had several instances where an internet seller insisted upon shipping the gun to an FFL for transfer even when I can prove it is Antique. I was present when my dealer called the BATF Field Office and was informed that Antiques do not require transfer and should not be entered into his Bound Ledger Book. In these cases, my FFL accepts delivery for me and simply hands me the gun after I show him that it indeed a pre-1899 gun. He never wants any money for accepting the package, but I always tip him something as a goodwill gesture.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.