Understanding global sporting arms market also helps. England for rifle and shotgun H&H, Purdey rifles Westley Richards, John Rigby, France shotguns Georges Granger rifles?, Belgium for rifles and shotguns Lebeau Courally, Shotguns custom grade Browning FN, Italy shotguns & rifles Beretta custom shop, shotguns Perazzi,......New versions or even order ones in very good shape will bring in money. Obviously buying something of quality with less or little known name will bring a lot less on resale.

Interestingly a piece does not have to come from company steeped in long history and tradition. Couple of examples would be Hartmann & Weiss or Peter Hofer. That is because the wealthy willing to spend a lot know what they are buying.

If you want something that resembles Holland & Holland Dominion from a distance and not pay a lot try Charles Lancaster's SLE from 1890 patent. Interesting gun but if you hope to profit in the future sale you ain't because not even Englishmen will settle for a 'Wristbraker'. Now with Kent of West Virginia coming out with 12ga 3/4oz 2.5" 1200fps load I think a 'Wristbreaker' would be wonderful choice for an American fellow, yes? smirk

I don't know much about antique tools but I suspect something from Parker Bros. or Winchester would make gun guy reach for wallet a lot faster than antique Stanley though Stanley may be just as good or even better.