In the spring when I need to traverse and sometimes stand in a stream (mostly fishing, but sometimes turkey hunting requires me to cross streams many times), I prefer not to wear my chest high breathable waders. In the past, I've usually maintained a pair of hip waders in addition to my various sets of chest waders for those types of (crossing, sometimes standing in) wading. I've owned the solid rubber hip waders, which I've found to be heavy and terribly hot. I've also owned the rubber boot with PVC type uppers, but I find those to be too baggy and saggy and they sometimes allow water to dip in near the crotch. I'm debating on whether I should invest in a pair of breathable hip waders. I feel that they would be light, obviously breathable (more than rubber), and allow for a much better freedom of movement. Speaking in this sense from a strictly fishing point of view, my problem is, where I typically fish creeks, there tends to be a great deal of thorny plants. A $130 pair of breathable hip waders may not last long in that environment. I guess there is no such thing as a tough but light waterproof hip wader and this is probably a Goldilocks type problem. However, I figured I would ask if anyone has any experience with this type of wader. The brand I am looking at is made by Chota.

https://www.amazon.com/Chota-Outdoor-Gea...ta+wading+boots