A relative new comer to sxs's compared to everyone else here. I bought my first about 12 years ago in my mid 30's. For whatever strange reason, I handled a clunker LC at a gun show, and loved it. I couldn't quit thinking about it.

Knowing next to nothing about them or sxs's, I figured I needed to learn more about them before buying. Researched like crazy (Read Brophy, found this site and later the LCSCA). Bought a 1949 12 gauge field grade w/30" barrels. Great case colors but the barrel was missing most of the finish. Learned how to rust blue barrels and work on them w/that gun. It was everything I wanted in a sxs and beautiful. I had my heart, soul, blood and tears in that gun. But, I sold it to a great friend to fund the next one. Now I got a closet full of nicer ones I never/rarely shoot.

I still see that Elsie at least once per year. I marvel at quality of my first blue job. He even lets me shoot it. But, jokes its not for sale:). I know the later LC's aren't real desirable and are less refined, but I really did love the modern dimensions and that SSP rib. It just felt "right" and I shot it well. In fact, been thinking I need another just like it lately.