Originally Posted By: Lawrence Kotchek
A Dickson Falcon (Ugaratecha Spelling?) 60's Spanish import off a pawnshop gun rack. It was labeled as a 16 gauge, it had some pretty engraving, when I went to shoot it the box of ammo I bought didn't fit right - it was a 12 gauge. At the time that was better for me so no big deal.
I had no clue on shotguns at the time, I was into handguns mostly 1911's.
30 years later I rarely touch a gun other than a shotgun 16 to 10 gauge.
A friend of mine has that gun now.

Like this one? A 12 gauge Falcon, also:

You got a ton for your money with those guns. 3" proof (however, at 6 lbs and small change it will be a cold day in hell before I cut a 3" round loose in this gun-my 3" 20 gauge weighs more) hidden third fastener, disc set strikers, and that nice, long, open pistol grip that is so easy to get used to, and bend over if you need to, like I did. I polished the gold off the triggers, and replaced the spiffy white line pad with an Old English looking thing.
Much better.
The chokes were stupid tight also, it is more like cyl and icyl, now.
All my shooting is rough shooting, sometimes in the company of unruly labs or shorthairs, the shorthair males all seem like they need to be retrained if you break for lunch. The labs are peeing machines. Crossing a unkept beaver dam seems to be an every other year experience, as does falling through ice.
The Uggy fits the bill in a lot of those places and with mentioned company. I actually have spare strikers and a few tools for this one, works as my traveler as well. I wouldn't be heartbroken if it was damaged or lost.
Not all my guns fit that bill.

No hurry to sell this one.

Best,
Ted