I have a left handed shooting buddy (who is no novice by the way) who oddly enough would just as soon own and shoot a right handed bolt gun as a left. I found him a nice left handed bolt gun several years ago (his first and last) and he shot it some, but got rid of it. If he has a need for speed, he has that covered with a real sweet shooting BAR in .308 with the BOSS and a tricked out .223 AR. For varmit hunting off of a bench and deer hunting out of a stand (which is the what and how he hunts), he has no problem reaching over the wrong side and working the action. So I suppose once a lefty learns to use a left handed bolt, with some left handed shooters anyway, it isn't much of an issue for them. In most hunting situations, the first shot is the one that counts most (some of the better hunters I have known use nothing but single shots) and I can see how he does not feel handicapped. But in a high power rifle competition with timed fire stages, I doubt there are many left handed shooters shooting right handed bolt guns. Because guns and shooting are his primary hobby, he does tend to buy, sell and trade frequently, and moving a left handed gun can be a bit more difficult.

Doug