I've a lot of pictures of Nha Trang. When I first arrived in July 1966, I was held at Nha Trang 5th SFG Hqs for two weeks..Splash Kelly, the Colonel, had me build a handball court of all things. The SGM finally sent me up to Ban Me Thout and from there on to Ban Don. I hung out in the mail room...there were 5 of us there, I found the after action reports of the overrunning of the Ashau Valley SF camp..the one where the SPAD pilot won the CMH...including debriefing of each survivor. 4 days of reading....just amazing,

The second time was 1 April 1968. I ran into 5 of my buddies that I used to ride motorcycles with at Bragg in the NCO club - all of us buck sergeants or SSG by that time. We were all going to have to go through a week's training...though for most it was a 2nd tour in VN or a follow-on to a tour with 46 Company in Thailand but the class didn't start for 6 days. We knew what that week's wait would call for so...we all di di'd out of there, went down to the beach and rented a small hotel and stayed there for a week with great food and hot and running - well you know. We showed up at base about 6 hours before the course. SGM was furious...."YOUR NAME WAS ON THAT LIST"...."Gee SGM, didn't see it).

Last edited by Argo44; 01/30/18 11:12 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch