Great story Ted. I knew of an orphanage up near Pleiku - one of its overseers was a famous woman Ko Tam connected to FULRO - that was flame throwered by an NVA battalion passing through. Glad the Col brought a child back...I was 23-4 and wouldn't have known how to do that at the time or been able to...and a gun..I wouldn't have been able to do that at the time either. And I volunteered for both my tours and for the Army, and Airborne and Special Forces and MACV SOG - most of the troops over there until about 1970 were volunteers despite years of propaganda to the contrary including that Vietnam series just concluded

For many years there was something of a grudge carried by Special Forces against the Marines over Lang Vei. My nephew is a Marine...so I guess it's also something consigned to the past.

But I can guarantee you one thing...there weren't any "VC" left in I Corps..it was all NVA - and if there were...they weren't carrying shotguns. That gun was likely a presentation. (My opinion)

Edit: I'm sorry Ted...nothing at all against the story and it's a great one...Vietnam after all these years of travel abroad and other conflicts just still pushes my buttons, I apologize for being a d**k.

Last edited by Argo44; 01/28/18 01:26 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch