Originally Posted By: Nudge
George L.,

My personal belief is that unless your gun(s) are DoubleGun Journal "feature quality," your best point of sale will always be GunBroker or GunsInternational. Because you reach the largest audience by multiple orders of magnitude, and YOU get to control the picture and description quality.

If you want to sell an AA grade Lefever, or some rare and minty Winchester lever gun, then no doubt James Julia's is your best bet. Because they will give the gun the attention it needs and deserves to fetch the best price. But I would NOT send an F grade Lefever or a Fox AE there! Because they are grades of gun that will be overlooked among all the finer stuff at that auction. And that's not a knock on Julia's, but more of an acknowledgement that it's tough to sell a Chevy Camaro in a room full of Ferrari's...and Ferrari shoppers. I've seen quite a few great condition mid grade American doubles sell there for much better prices that on GunBroker...meaning it's a great place to BUY such guns...not sell them.

Just spend the time taking great photos and writing a clear and concise description, and put 'em up on the internet next to all the insane dealer prices and yours will sell.

The other problem with all the auction houses is they tend to be generalists. So if you have some particularly unique make or model that they just can't provide the right 'color' for...you may not find a buyer. Any generalist auctioneer would know how to market an A1 Parker. But fewer would have the knowledge (or inclination, given the smaller auction premium incentive) to carefully market lesser guns.

LEARN to create amazing internet listings, price them fairly, and they WILL sell for decent prices.

- NDG
Best advice so far. Your situation will best be served doing EXACTLY what Nudge has said. I've sold many guns on Gunsinternational, and Deb Powell will gladly put photos from your phone on your ad. I encourage you to do the legwork and time necessary to put up individual guns with good photos and very accurate descriptions. You will come out much better than fooling around with auctions.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.