[Larry Brown quote] Well . . . I'm old enough to be double dipping on both a military pension and Social Security. And I probably SHOULD be done buying . . . but I'm not. and I don't get the sense that many folks here in my age group are done buying either. They may have given up hunting because it doesn't really exist any more where they live, but like one poster above suggests, there's still the target games.

When you get into the doublegun niche, it can rapidly become expensive. One reason we're old is that we--the set chasing after nice vintage American, British, European etc side by sides--have always been the ones willing to spend big bucks (relatively speaking) on guns. That's because we're no longer paying to support children, pay off college loans, etc. Until that happens, the gun buying bug may be there, but the means to do so . . . not so much. Kinda like why everyone you see riding a Harley has gray hair. [/quote]

Larry, I wouldn't equate your endless gun trading to the acquisition and use of the soft goods advertised (and decried here) in the magazine. Or the destination pieces either for that matter. 99% of the people moved to purchase are decades younger than you. Most people that buy a moderately expensive shotgun are one and done.

It's just a stage of life. You don't need more stuff, but the magazine needs to sell stuff.
My only axe to grind is the vitriol old men seem always at the ready to spew at their replacements.

I've come to enjoy actually visiting the destinations advertised there. I don't decry them.

Out there doing it best I can.