Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
People always see things through their own lenses.

It's entirely possible that Steve is mistaken, and the rest of you just jumped into a contract negotiation canard without any facts or knowledge.

I wouldn't be so quick to grab the pitchforks and go storming the castle. The marketing reality is that most of you are old, and are done buying.

An aspirational magazine doesn't need you other than as a circulation chit. The magazine needs aspirational readers to serve their advertisers, the very people so many of you seem to despise. You aren't buying, they are.

Steve will either make a new deal or won't. But you will still be old and done buying from their advertisers.

Aging out of a genre is a natural step of life.

Well . . . I'm old enough to be double dipping on both a military pension and Social Security. And I probably SHOULD be done buying . . . but I'm not. and I don't get the sense that many folks here in my age group are done buying either. They may have given up hunting because it doesn't really exist any more where they live, but like one poster above suggests, there's still the target games.

When you get into the doublegun niche, it can rapidly become expensive. One reason we're old is that we--the set chasing after nice vintage American, British, European etc side by sides--have always been the ones willing to spend big bucks (relatively speaking) on guns. That's because we're no longer paying to support children, pay off college loans, etc. Until that happens, the gun buying bug may be there, but the means to do so . . . not so much. Kinda like why everyone you see riding a Harley has gray hair.

Last edited by L. Brown; 01/01/18 10:32 AM.