Brian, I could not agree more or understand any better your perspective. Plus, here in my little corner of Mississippi, there is virtually zero wingshooting anymore. No such thing as row crops and the native bobwhite quali that once were so common. Dove populations have plummeted to being so sparse as not worth preparing a "dove field" anymore. Not bothering with the time and effort to hunt big ducks 200 miles away in the Miss. Delta. Certainly don't brave beaver ponds full of blowdown and hidden logs underwater to scratch down two or three woodies either.

I used to look at certain doubles and think, "boy, that would make a great early season/late season/whatever season dove gun", but it's no longer the case. No longer fool with field guns anymore, just whatever I might use at Sporting Clays competition, which is all I shoot a shotgun for anymore.

My days pursuing shooting flying for blood are about done.

So these shiny magazines mean little to me anymore. I've read enough about fine guns to fill a boxcar, and now, when I do read the Parker, Fox, L. C. Smith, Lefever, Ithaca, Model 21, Charles Daly, Purdey, Holland and Holland, Westley Richards, et al article, I find it's the same stuff over and over, just rehashed.

I did enjoy the Dewey Vicknair custom Foxes article/pictorial recently. But nowadays, I just want to break a few targets at SC's and piss off a few Master-class shooters who think they should always outscore this marginal AA-class bumbler, lol.

Probably enjoy all my friends here's exploits afield, their stories related, and all the other great discussion and info I glean from my frequent visits.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 12/31/17 03:52 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.