Thanks for the understanding and support. I enjoy writing for Sports Afield as they allow me room to choose the direction of the topics as long as they pertain to custom Hunting rifles, the makers and the fellows that hunt with them. As much as I love fine engraving guns that are simply a platform for applied art are not what I'm interested in researching and writing about.

Magazine distribution is sketchy these days and subscriptions are the surest way to get desired magazines, I'd recommend Sports Afield for those that are interested in international big game hunting, the major focus of the magazine.

As for advertorial, that notion and considering fancy ads as content is the trend on the newsstand. I recently saw a story labeled as "Sponsored" a trend that has a gagging effect on me.

I had a great 22 year run with SSM but had been feeling more and more that I was out of touch with the editorial direction and content of the magazine. I do feel that loosing Fine Gunmaking was loosing the last consistently authentic column in the publication. I Never wrote about advertisers and Never repeated a topic in over two decades. When I left I had a list of nearly a dozen potential topics that I think you guys would have enjoyed reading about...

Recently, on the reader-board of a church I saw posted, "Change is inevitable, growth is optional". I try to live by this notion.

I'll be posting about the Summer Seminars in a few weeks, mainly stockmaking.
I hope to see some of you in Dallas, look me up at the ACGG section.

Last edited by SDH-MT; 12/30/17 03:31 PM. Reason: edit