Originally Posted By: Demonwolf444
Well I live in North Yorkshire, I'm a country person, so feel Im in a position to comment.

On Brexit - I am 22 and voted leave, which puts me in a tiny minority of people. Most people in my peer group would have voted stay. I voted leave because i remember Greece being completely up the creek without a paddle in summer 2015 and they were bailed out, anyone who wants to join is allowed into the EU and the bureaucracy grows bigger and more unmanageable every day. I voted out because i genuinely believe the EU will collapse in time and i think its better to be out and have our house in order before it does and everyone else is in panic mode too. That being said the actual brexit being delivered by our government is being poorly managed and weakly lead which is not what i voted for. I wanted to pull the rug out from the EU's feet and show them that people wont stand for bull doo doo. Its not so much of an exit but a slow withdrawal nodding and smiling to the EU as we do so. The reasoning is that in many cases Brexit crossed party lines, and nobody wants to risk losing their vote share by carrying out what the public voted for. Not all labour voters wanted to stay and not all conservatives wanted to leave. So what we have is a poorly lead, weak willed brexit. If you vote the majority wins, the problem is the vote was close, the leave's never thought they would win, and the government doesnt want to risk alienating and disenfranchising the 48% who wanted to stay. Its a screw up from start to finish.

Interestingly - I am at the other end; I'm 60 and voted Remain.

I'm not upset that 'leave' won. I thought long and hard which way to vote and remain won for my personal vote by a small margin. The reason I didn't vote leave was that I didn't understand under what terms we would be leaving; I still don't. Had we been voting for World Trade Rules and NO divorce payment, I would probably have voted 'leave'.

I would like to be in a 'common market' which is what I voted to join in 1973, but it has all got too big, too bureaucratic and too expensive. I would like to have had the EU reformed from 'inside' to be a lighter, faster and vastly more efficient trading group, NOT a federal 'state'. There is considerable unrest in Germany, France and Holland about the EU's costs and future plans, but all (like the UK) are very divided internally.

Last edited by JohnfromUK; 12/27/17 03:14 PM.