Originally Posted By: Stan

Is this show still the best one in the States to look for a high condition and quality 12 bore S x S hammer pigeon gun, or has it become just another conglomeration of black guns and militaria? I really would appreciate feedback from those of you who go each year, regarding this specific search.

Thanks all, SRH

Stan, I 1980, I did something to make God angry so He made me live in Vegas for four years. During my penance, I attended the Antiques And Custom Gun Makers shows annually and enjoyed each and every one of them. I have returned several times since and enjoyed the Antique shows. No junk, no machine gunners, none of those things I suspect we both stay away from due to lack of interest. An area rarely discussed is the fine people you'll meet there.

In 2010 I met a tall thin beauty with skin the color of anthracite. When she told her family she was going to a gun show they all warned her it would be full of racist rednecks who would treat her like crap. When she came back to Atlanta, she told them all how wonderfully she had been treated by strangers in a strange city. The Southern was even better. Had to throttle her back, though. She found a twenty guage Syracuse LeFever for only $20,000 and was miffed when I said no way!

You'll meet the finest group of people you've ever known at that show and enjoy it immensely, especially since they've moved it from the Riviera, which she described as an old age home for fleas. As a side note, she has conquered her lust for a twenty guage LeFever. The bad news is she's discovered Lindners.

Have fun Stan. Hope you'll what you're looking for but if not, just enjoy the show.