Larry, you're right, Didier Drevett made barrels and also some entire guns. But both were numbered and dated and can help build the graph of logical dates of all DD SN's and by consequence, identify other markers such as the changeover from mm to cm and back again. (I assumed the "L.Chalet" name above was the seller because there is no other such name on the gun).

I think at some point I'm going to have to ask for help from Wife's cousins in Saint Chamond. I haven't done this for a variety of reasons but will when I get home. They must know where if any records of SIFARM and others are held in Saint Etienne.

I also need to join www.naturabuy.fr so I can ask some questions; I tried to do so in order to ask questions about the above 1879 gun - but the site won't allow it from where my computer is currently located.

Finally I need to contact Neltir on www.Passionlachasse.fr and ask him some serious questions...In the past wife wouldn't edit my French, but since we're physically separated for two months she might be feeling sorry for me or something. I'm thinking that If I put our list of Drevet SN's on Passionlachasse, the French will bomb in with dozens more serial numbers and Neltir might even know where are the records.

And Ted super-interesting chart. It's crossed my mind to try to find every patent issued to a Saint Etienne gun maker from 1880-1920 and publish them here to help date our guns.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/03/17 12:59 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch