Thanks Hwk for the information; I didn't have some of these. For me the most important chronologically is 7869. Like 7201 mentioned above, it is a JC Reilly and it is marked New Oxford Street.

This seems to indicate that JC Reilly may indeed have separated his numbers from those of his son upon the move in late March 1847. It may be that he reserved a lower number set for himself while EM began about 8,400. I'd love to see pics, especially of the SN and address rib. He was 61 at the time of the move, EM was 30....and EM was probably ready to take over. Perhaps he saw advancing mortality. JC died in 1863 at a country house he had retired to several years earlier (see history).

There a pretty simple site on the web which I'm now using to post pictures and you don't even have to sign in or get an account. (account is free if you do want to sign up).
-- Pull up www.postimage.org.
-- Drag your photo to box entitled "choose images"...wait till a series of formulas appear.

-- Choose the one third from bottom entitled "hotlink for forums" and just click on it and select copy from your edit button on the top of your screen.

-- Then just post the copied link into your text.

If you don't have pics...I learned from my wife. Snap a picture with your I-phone (I didn't have one till about 8 months ago), send it to you e-mail address and move it to your computer desk top. Works for documents too - no one scans stuff anymore according to a tech-savvy French woman.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/26/17 03:38 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch