I do like the frame sculpting of the original fox guns. What they lacked though in having the most beautiful looking box lock ever was to get rid of that flat back line. The simple shallow arch on the back of the "New Lefever" crossbolt guns added tremendously to their appearance IMHO. This same shape was carried all the way down to their lowest grade. Personally I do not fel this arched in back in ny way particularly alters the function or cost of fitting but it adds substantially to the appearance of the gun. I admire this over the truly fancy scalloped backs which can only be properly fit up at a substantial increase in cost. If these are properly fitted they really add nothing except showcasing the workmanship of the fitter, but if not properly fitted they greatly detract from the usefulness of the stock.
Others with more experience may strongly disagree with me here but I find a Fox to be a quite difficult gun to work on internally. As it stands at present I would much prefer to install the dread top lever spindle of an L C Smith than to install the hammers on a Fox. Over my years of experience I have found that "ALL" guns are a compromise, each have their good points & each have their bad points, there is "NO" perfect one. Some folks admire one feature while others admire another feature. Original Foxes are nice guns & I can understand why so many admire them, they just don't happen to be my personal favorite, no offence meant to those who hold them as their favorites, you probably don't like mine either & no offence taken. As they say Different Strokes for Different Folks"

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra