KDGJ, thanks...I got that gun in the original chronological listing. And it's a problematic gun for me: Here is my post at the time (updated a bit):

25161 - ??? !!!!!!!! 1885 SN with 1880 date on the case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Name: E.M. REILLY & CO. 502. NEW OXFORD STREET. LONDON & RUE SCRIBE. PARIS
Descriptions: 25 1/2in. black powder only bold damascus rifled barrels. breech ends with feathered bands and single gold line, individual fore-end with Anson push rod release catch, the iron retaining much original colour-hardening; sidelever action with Purdey 1863 patent double bite, carved percussion fences, rebounding bar locks by Stanton, bar-in-wood, standing breech

Comment: This is a problematic gun for me. The gun was made for King Alphonso XII of Spain. The case is marked “shooting prize 1880”. It was supposedly given by the king as a shooting prize. But the serial number should be about 1884-85 date range; Yet the address is Pre 1882 - Reilly of course did continue at times to use his 502 address rather than “16” for reasons of tradition..but why 1880 on the case when the SN is 1885? Perhaps the gun was made later to fit the case which was already in Spain…

http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp...4&saletype=

If you read the history of the gun from the above auction site, there appears to be something odd going on. It disappeared...reappeared...etc.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/24/17 08:45 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch