In my search for a suitable hammer pigeon gun I am seriously considering going to the Vegas show Jan. 19-21, '18. Considering is the key word, as I am not interested in flying there just to walk and look at a variety of guns for three days. This is really a quest for a particular gun. It would be great to meet some of you on here who regularly attend, and it may just happen, but I need a question answered as straightforwardly as possible, from those who have actual experience there. I was recently told by a pigeon shooter and writer of high regard that he quit going 10 years ago "when the military guys took over" the show. He said prior to that it had been a great place to buy high quality English doubles, but he could not say what it has been like in the past 10 years.

Is this show still the best one in the States to look for a high condition and quality 12 bore S x S hammer pigeon gun, or has it become just another conglomeration of black guns and militaria? I really would appreciate feedback from those of you who go each year, regarding this specific search.

Thanks all, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.