Now that is a very nice hammergun!
My own first Purdey is a percussion 14 gauge. "The book" describes sent out for sale on Dec. 1, 1844. A friend suggested I should contact Purdey to let them know the gun is still in existance. They responded with:
Dear Mr. Butler

Thank you for your email. We are able to provide the date and original specification of your shotgun, together with the name of the original owner. This is issued as a certificate, at a cost of Ł50 for the details, and Ł75 for a certificate which includes a photograph of the original entry. Should you wish to proceed, please let me know a number we can call you on, and we can take payment over the phone. The certificate will be emailed within 7-10 working days after payment.

If you would be interested in joining our Purdey Owner’s Club, which run a variety of events and promotions throughout the year, as well as a complimentary licence renewal reminder service, please click on the link below:

https://www.purdey.com/owner-registration

My question is - is investing in that provenance worth pursuing?
Here's the gun. Has obviously been redone along with the case but is very nice just the same.