Joe: The guns all have a reserve. The guns are being offered on the first day in the weekend auction. If you send me your mailing address I'll have them send you a catalogue. I don't know which of the English guns are "proof exempt" Some of that info would be in the condition report that was done by a qualified gun appraiser. The Purdey thumbhole hammer gun I got in a local trade for another English gun. I have written to David Maynard at Purdey for info and he kindly responded that "SN 8248 is a 12 bore Purdey breech loading hammer gun, No. 1 of a pair, completed in 1870 for Captain H.F.G. Coleman.

I believe that 27% is correct.

The Army & Navy is one sidelock & one boxlock with consecutive serial numbers which numbers also appear on the original trunk case. The guns were partially restored by Jim Kelly at Darlington Gun Works The case was restored to "as new" condition by a friend in Rock Hill, SC. There is also another 20 gauge Army & Navy in the sale which is in poor condition.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com