George,

Are these guns being offered with any reserve? Sometimes the auction house will say "no reserve". I couldn't find that info on Charlton's site.

If I wanted to come down from Charlotte, I need to know if your guns being offered the first day or second day of the auction? I'd hate to come down the first day and watch old rugs sell, but no guns.

Do any of the English guns have "Proof Exempt" paperwork from the UK Proof houses? The Purdey thumb hole 10 ga hammer still has it's original proofs. I know it could be sold in the UK, if the barrels were unmodified, but usually, the gun would have been reproofed in the UK before sale. If nothing else, but for the peace of mind of both seller and buyer. Of course, if the gun has been in the US since new, it would not have been reproofed. Has Purdey offered any information on this gun?

I have read the disclosures on Charlton's site. It appears the buyers premium + SC sales tax, amounts to a +27% additional charge to the buyer. Is that correct?

I know you have worked with Charlton Hall for prior gun auctions. I'll call them if you prefer.

I hope this response finds your daughter doing well.

Thanks,

Joe in Charlotte
President, Carolina Vintagers