I am starting the packing process today. This year, I am coming to shoot.

I have heard that SxS sales are slow. It is not my fault.

Since last year I have added a Parker 12ga VH 28"/32" 2 bbl set, a Churchill Premier 12/30" SLE, Petrik 20 O/U, Midland 12 30" BLNE (project), Midland SLE 12 30" (Very Best Quality), a Fox Sterlingworth 12 30" BLE and a Robust self-opening 16 SxS with working retractable sling hidden in the stock. I sold other guns to off-set the purchases. SxS activity may be slow, but it is not dead.

The Petrik 20 is not a SxS. However, it has POW grip, double triggers, ejectors, no side ribs, a solid rib for sighting. It is the strange early toplever bolting gun design that Remington used to make the 32. It has great engraving. It was just too weird not to own. I guess you could say it is the great-grandfather of the K-80. I had only seen one in 12 ga before finding this gun.

I may pair up the Churchill and Midland SLEs for the flurry. I will have the Boswell pair of Best side-lever BLEs as an option for the Flurry. There are events for single shooter with pair and teams with pairs. I will be available to help other shooters with pairs who need loaders or stuffers. Just look me up. It wouldn't be the first time I loaded for the folks who beat me for HOA (including last year).

Last year I bought a new vest from Best. I have been very happy with it. Best will be returning as a vendor this year.
Give his rack a look. My vest is now embroidered so I can be found. Please say Hi if you spot me.

I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Joe Norcom
Charlotte, NC