I thought I had seen most variants of these simple cleaning devices until I came across these two 12 and 20 gauge at a local table top sale. Firstly the bristles on each are the real thing not plastic but more intriguing the drop weights for their size felt heavier than expected and looking closer at the metal I thought at the time was Lead, hence their weighty feel.
The price being asked was 2 each so for a couple of vintage pull trough's a very low price so I purchased the two and put them in a pocket. I did forget about them until I put the jacket on again a week later, so on the bench they went for a more detailed examination especially those drop weights. I first thought they where Lead but turned out to be Pewter also I was sure I could see a fine joint line so out came the plastic jawed pliers for an exploratory pull and a twist because they would not give anything away using hand force. The 12 gauge was the first one to give way and open spilling oil out, obvious now each where oil bottles, and unfortunately they do not carry a makers name though interesting all the same.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!