Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I've used Gunrunner Auctions. Posted about it here last year as a test run of a means to sell off my collection if I died suddenly. If I have months I could dispose of things better but if I die suddenly my family needs to know a fast and easy way to sell my guns and still get decent money out of them. It is easy and painless. But they won't get the most money for many guns. What they will do is sell it quickly and pay you quickly. If top dollar is not your prime consideration auctions are a fast way to sell off. Gunrunner will do everything for you if you want. Pickup, list, sell and send you the money. Nice people to do business with.

They are a good Bubby gun auction site which means 870's , modern guns, low dollar doubles, odd balls, moderate value rifles and pistols. I would not use them for decent British doubles, high condition guns or high grade guns. So perhaps you need to consider dividing your collection along the "good stuff" and the Bubby stuff. This is not meant to be little Gunrunner in any way but different auction houses have different groups of bidders following them. I'm sure it's the same in many places. If you want to find one thing you go to one auction house knowing there is a much better chance they will have what you want.

Hey, I buy guns, and so do other guys here. Anyone thinking of liquidating their collection can and should go through a group like this where there are no fees, no hoops, before sending them to an auction. You'll get good money in a private sale, maybe even more than from an auction.
PA

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life