Looking at the tag, I suspect the mark "action off face" is a bit of understated British humor, applied after proof load number 1 undid a lot of good gunsmithing.

Of course the gun passed view before being submitted, but, proof has changed in England. Each barrel gets fired with two proof loads, one that generates maximum proof in the chamber area, and another that generates it at a point about 9" from the breech. THIS is the cause of so much scrap iron we are witnessing here, from this point in history.
If it were my gun, and I lived in Merry England, I would have specified black powder reproof, if that option is still available, and happily shot it with light loads the rest of my life. It wasn't my gun, and I don't live in England, so, perhaps now it will provide parts to get a similar gun working someday.
Keith, I love your analysis on who blows up guns, and how could anyone believe one was smarter than the other. Hilarious.
Still makes me quezy, looking at that action bar.
Toby, unless I am mistaken, the owner could have used the gun the rest of his life, even if it wasn't in proof, but, it couldn't legally be sold.
It might be time for you guys doing the repairs over in England to do some soul searching, and come up with the equivalent of a black powder reproof with the proof house, for guns that are still useful, but, not suitable for more modern ammunition. Black powder reproof was once available, it may still be.

Better that than creating what we see here.

Best,
Ted