I am sorry for your loss. I take it that proof failures are still very uncommon. What % of guns submitted fail I wonder. The fact that the barrels passed, but the frame failed, does seem to suggest that even after honing the gun was well worth the reproof attempt. After all I suspect far more barrels fail than any other cause of reproof failure.

It's not true all of us over here in the US are prone to shooting super hot, high pressure loads in our guns. We can buy lots pressure loads or reload our own. A good many here can either read or hunt with someone who reads for them and all of our factory shells, in this country, strongly state not for dmascus use. So we should be buying correct, over priced, fancy pants, ammo from exotic countries like GB.

We don't mind our dogs pissing on our foot unless the wife is not home. It's her job to let him out when nature calls so she has to clean it up. If she's gone we have to figure out which kid had the duty, which can get tedious. Besides that's why men wear boots to keep their feet dry unlike ladies who go around bare foot, even outside the kitchen.