Thanks to all who replied so far. You have some nice guns there Old Colonel. I know I'll have some questions when I have time to study the pictures closely. I do see a similarity to the engraving on my gun to the scroll engraving on your BLNE 10,75 x 52 Grundig double rifle.

Not being at all familiar with these Christophe guns when I stumbled into the one I bought, I had to do some pretty quick research before I decided to pull the trigger on purchasing it. I went under the assumption that it might have been at least partially refinished, and was a bit concerned about the bluing. It looked too good for a gun of its' age, and I thought the barrel flats maybe would have originally been stoned or polished bright after bluing. I'm pleased to see that the barrel flats of your guns are similarly blued, and upon receipt and inspection of mine, I could tell that it was the original rust bluing.

I see the pictures I posted have disappeared with the crash of jpgbox, so I'll have to try to put them back up if the problem doesn't resolve itself.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.