One can see similarities w/some sellers at gun shows, mostly wishing to show their possessions and not really particularly interested in selling them. I got tired of it and mostly stopped going to shows. May do one a year, if that and am very much selective about it these days.

I've developed a healthy respect for those individuals who are either displaying their collections w/zero pretention & nothing for sale as well as those who will go to shoots w/a few guns for sale &/or trade or all out displays to sell at places like the DSC show in January and then to Vegas afterwards. Tulsa can be fun; but its work trying to see all of it. Some folks I know go there to sell. Have not been in several years now.

More interested in collecting memories afield in the present than another gun, but sometimes buy another one anyway if it suits me.

42's have always been fun. You are correct; keep on truckin' and let as many folks as possible know you have more than a passing interest in buying old shotguns. Good hunting to ya!