This is the first target shot in a match with the Ruger. Shot on 10 June. Range was 100 yds. I started with the sighter bull on the bottom right. There's a sighter bull on each target and you can shoot any number of shots on it. (I always shoot at the sighter first.) The sighter score doesn't count, unfortunately in this case. Then I shot at the bull immediately above it at which time I decided that the gun would be O.K.

Had I not jerked the trigger on the bottom left bull this would have been a good target. Haven't shot a centerfire bench gun in a couple of years is my only excuse. The Kepplinger trigger is expensive and O.K. but it sure ain't the Jewell I am used to for benchrest. I'll get used to it. The other six shots would make for a pretty decent group. I shot the number three bull last and, when I saw the result, considered it a reward for an industrious and virtious life.

Ironically the load that works best so far is the old Remington benchrest bullets and a case full of IMR 4895.

Last edited by Dick Wright; 06/19/17 06:22 AM.

Dick Wright