I've used the power line trick lots of times, too. Our sunflower field, that I plant every year, has a homemade "power" line across it, too. Greg put it up about 10 years ago. Here it is with a few birds sitting on it just before the season opened.

I also have used real power lines to hang the plastic doves on. I use old fishing reels and rods and throw the decoy over the bottom line, which is always the neutral (not energized), then reel the decoy up tight underneath the wire and let the butt of the rod sit on the ground with the line taught. I've had doves light on either side of the decoy, which is underneath the line, with no apparent concern that it does not look normal. I guess if they are sitting all over a tree some are are underneath others. They sure don't seem to mind. I don't believe you could fool a crow like that.

Regarding Floyd's work ...... I have often thought, as I viewed pics of his carvings, that he just has to be the best at what he does. I cannot imagine carving that could possibly be done better, or more lifelike, than his.

Thanks for starting the thread. Can't get my mind off them anyway, might as well discuss it.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 06/15/17 06:52 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.