==================================================================================================
1922 + - Charles Riggs Reilly numbering system - 6 digits

As I mentioned in the main line...the last Reilly serial number I can date with some confidence is 35678 which would have been numbered at 295 Oxford Street, after 277 was closed, the last marker date. So 35678 was probably dated between 1905-1911? (note: I cannot confirm this; this number came from a site looking for a missing pair - thus I assume the pair is still at large; but I have not seen the rib or the actual SN).

I have found this gun with an E.M Reilly name and a six digit serial number, seeming to indicate that whomever began numbering the newer Reilly's bumped the succession up by 100,000+. You'd think that if the Reilly name were placed on mass produced guns, there'd be a lot more around. (Note: I've been unable to access the close-up photos of this gun and thus cannot verify the serial number etc.).

Name: E.M. REILLY & Co., LONDON
Description: E. M. Reilly, 16g. with nice long 30" barrels
Comment: Steel barrels, 2 1/2. 30” Barrels, 6 lbs, 5 oz. Where did that SN come from?
http://www.vintagedoubles.com/catalog/?keywords=REILLY

Last edited by Argo44; 09/11/18 05:33 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch