Well, not to bore anyone or to bring back a dead line (though there are some very good points made in this line)...but the "Wonder" lock on my anonymous "Artisanal" 12 gauge fusil de chasse war trophy has been bothering me for months. I think I've solved it as follows - take a look; welcome clarifications/observations.

Here is another French shotgun with "Wonder" on the Key - so mine is not alone:

http://www.passionlachasse.com/t27300-fusil-wonder

Here is another ad on Naturabuy.fr which seems to indicate “Wonder” is on the gun…(poorly written in French).
vend fusil de chasse qui appartenait a mon beau pere la marque et un metal st chamond  special  canon wonder  les 2tubes sont lises  la crose et en bois
(for sale shotgun owned by my father-in-law. The name in the metal - St Chamond special barrel wonder. the two tubes are smoothbores. the stock is wood.)
photo:

http://www.naturabuy.fr/fusil-chasse-item-2996025.html

I now think these guns were made or were made for a well-known manufacturer of bicycles and motorcycles in Saint-Étienne named “Ravat.” Ravat was founded in 1898 and in 1910 came out with a famous bicycle christened “Wonder.” It won numerous races in Europe. Ravat-Wonder was an important company, manufacturing, like many companies in Saint-Étienne, sewing machines, etc. During the 1920’s it employed more than 1,000 workers and produced 80,000 bicycles and motorcycles per year…mostly under the names “Ravat” and “Wonder.”

Publicity/badges for Cycle “Wonder” (you'll note the earlier font for "Wonder" in the ads is pretty close to the font use on the key of my plain Jane..The later font had an upturned leg o the "R"....doesn't prove squat of course...just an observation )

I haven’t been able to find definitive evidence that Ravat made guns…but heck, just about everyone else in Saint-Etienne made both guns and bicycles -- Peugeot, Rivollier, Verney-Carron, Manufrance, for example -- so until proven otherwise, I’m assuming my anonymous 12 gauge was made for Ravat-Wonder. And by the way that gun shoots beautifully and I still have it - my cheap increase in firepower paid off; it's doing what I hoped it would do...kill clays.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/06/17 08:16 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch