Originally Posted By: SKB
The world is changing and we are the dinosaurs unfortunately. I talked to the owner of the gun store I worked at in the past recently. He always stocked a nice selection of classic guns, double, Model 12 pumps etc. The other day he told me he no longer buys them or takes them on trade. He said he sells lots of shotguns but none of the classics. They just sit on the shelf while synthetic stocked 3" mag semi-autos with screw in chokes fly out the door.

Dennis puts on a great class and his approach to solving a problem is second to none. I hope he returns next year and is able to pass on some more of his vast amount of knowledge.

Well I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the 2018 schedule with an aim to getting a place as soon as possible in both courses if possible.

As to doubles being dinosaurs that's certainly the case. The best "Sporting Goods" store in my area closed a few years ago which is a real shame as they carried a wide range of hunting and fishing equipment, ammunition, books and used items and I tried to do all my related shopping there including gun transfers even if it was a bit out of the way. Only the chain stores like Big 5 exist anymore. I mail order ammunition now.

Jeremy