Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Shoot, Ted, if I spoke Italian better someone might, if they tried really hard, think it could possibly be some form of vaguely human esque communication. I could write a book about the stories of my "Italian" in Italy.

That Richland looks like it would make a pretty nice squirrel gun.

I fed myself for several years at the end of the Carter presidency with hapless squirrels, a Remington 552 Speedmaster, and garage sale .22 shorts. I don't need a shotgun for squirrels. Those were lean times, and I packed the freezer in the basement that I rented with enough squirrels to last a good long time.

Haven't eaten one since I found full time work in 1982. If I need them again, bless their furry little hearts, they are still there. I haven't forgotten it. Haven't voted left of center for my whole life, since Carter led from behind, so to speak.

The picture doesn't really do the Richland justice. But, Miller has already pointed out, here, and elsewhere (as have I) that the 707 was a hell of a lot of gun for the money.

Better pictures, here:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post449134

Still would love to hear any history of the companies involved with the guns.