Daryl I think I should say that the Adams gun was fitted into the Violin case during the early 1900s by the grandfather of a now late friend of mine, his grandfather was what we would now call today a professional poacher bringing up eight children on the proceeds. My friend worked as a part time game keeper and village handy man, but kept up the family tradition of moonlight game acquisition, also teaching a rather green city lad me!! On the how what and why of that clandestine tradition.
The gun and case spent its years sliding around the bottom of his old van with mole traps and rabbit purse nets waders to name but a few of items, though by this time the Violin case was in rather a bad condition with splits no locks or handle and held together with string. It stayed in this condition when in my position for some ten years until I needed a case for a 20 bore so I restored it to the condition you see today. One thing is that you cannot fit another 12 bore jones under leaver gun in the case, over the years every gun I have tried will not fit they are all too large in the action, so the Adams is its permanent resident.
The case was fitted with low cost green felt when the work was originally done, between the Moths and a 100 plus years there was nothing of it to save, so I kept things the same and re-lined the case with felt though of a higher quality than the original.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!