Gentlemen:

To throw my $.02 in, I do not know just what drove the decision to cancel Dennis' class. It did not really surprise me that my class was cancelled, as it was always on the edge of minimum attendance. However, it seemed that double gun class was well attended.

One must assume that the decision was made for what was believed to be the best for the program. I do know that all the students are queried regarding their thoughts on the classes offered and about what other classes they would like to see offered. This is part of the class evaluation forms each student is given.

Whether we are indeed invited back in 2018 as we were told they intend to do remains to be seen. Again, the ball is in their court and they will make the decision based on what they think best.

There are a lot of interesting courses taught at the school, and I would like to take most of them. I am not at all surprised by offerings such as a hat making course. Many of the courses are "fringe" courses with a very narrow appeal. That is what makes the courses offered so attractive. Both the double gun and the single shot courses fit that description. It may be that the school feels it can better serve its customers by having the more diverse offerings made possible by an every other year rotation.

In any event, there appears to be other options for the courses. Dennis and I have been asked to hold our courses at another school in 2018, and there seems to be at least a possibility that the courses will be held somewhere else this year.

The bottom line is the actual attendance at the classes. If people don't show up, the classes will not exist. It is very difficult for most people to come up with the time required to take the courses. The inconvenience of gainful employment and a desire to spend the limited free time one has with family are the greatest factors. I reckon the bottom line is that if you see a course that you wish to take, you may have to take it when you can because it might not be available in the future.

Respectfully,

Glenn Fewless

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.