Many thanks- my late Paternal Grandparents came from Lucky Mountain, and in 1911, he was a mining engineer, he- Jacob, and my Maternal Grandmother Marta, left for America, came through Ellis Island, and eventually settled in Ohio. They both died within 6 months of another in 1917, from the outbreak of influenza, aka- "The Spanish Flu" that spread like wildfire across the Midwest during the time America was entering "The War To End All Wars."

My late father, and his two sisters, were all placed into the orphanage program with the Catholic Church, and were all eventually placed into foster homes. The people who took in my father were Christian, but not Roman Catholic, and they never formally adopted him, he was a ward, and when he was 21, he dropped the "Ski" from Muranski, and changed the "Muran" to Morin.

He had lost track of his sisters, but in the 1980's, when living in Florida, he found, through the Church, his one living sister Mildred Bartko- in Masaracktown, name for the Czech General, who with the Polish General, Pilsudski, aided Washington and others in our Revolutionary War. Mildred could speak, read and write; English, German and Polish--

Thank you for helping me trace my ethnic roots back to Eastern Europe. I can only wonder what that area in the Czech Republic would be today, had we not had to endure the tragedy of two World Wars that ravaged almost all of Europe, plus North Africa, Greece, and England.

I have been an avid student of World History since I was a lad, and at age 75, my thirst for details and facts has not diminished one iota..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..