Yep you guys have got me thinking. This old gun is actually pretty nice. The barrels have plenty of wall thickness. They are much better then I expected. I've measured them over and over again using both outside mics, a barrel bore gage a barrel wall thickness gage which I finally figured out how to use from reading here. all the measurements agree that the thinnest wall thickness is .0295. The engraving is still sharp, the screws haven't been buggered, it is very gracefully shaped and the interior of the action is really quite beautifully made. It's not a collectors gun as the checkering is about gone, the trigger guard engraving is really thin and it could use a new stock. I'm into it cheap, but looking at it I have come to believe it is too nice for an amateur like myself to bugger up. I think I will do a bit of practicing on old no value guns to see if I have any talent for this sort of thing and will probably end up going to a gunsmith.I really appreciate what I am learning from you guys. Thanks

Last edited by pooch; 12/15/16 12:37 PM.