Thanks everyone for your comments. Daryl - unfortunately it isn't mine but belongs to a friend. He was thinking of selling it but seems to have changed his mind after all the very positive comments. He brought it down to the shooting ground where he let me have a go with it. It handles very well and broke both the driven targets off my high tower very convincingly. Those old guys knew how to make a gun handle well. I am however in the process of getting a Perrins pin fire restored to working order. Some of you may have seen the photos I posted some time ago of the really nice 14 bore pin fire which was missing it's hammers and someone had attempted to convert it to centre fire and given up. Well we found a set of hammers which with a little adjustment will hopefully work and look right. An engineering friend of mine is doing the work and is going to make some brass cartridges for it. I then have to get it entered on my shotgun certificate before firing it. As soon as I have it back and in working order it needs the engraved name and address re doing and the barrels browning and she should be ready. Hopefully for the start of the next game season which is only about 10 months away here in the UK( we still have a month and a half before the end of this one)
Hope you all have a good Christmas and get lots of long thin presents which will go bang!
John