Between 1990 and about 2010 I beefed up my gun collection. Among them I purchased 11 Model 21s. I would just buy one and stick it in the safe as an investment. About 5 years ago I sold several of them including 9 of the 21s, Browning Supperposed, and many others.

I wanted to travel which was something I had never done. And travel in style. So I paid cash for a C6 Corvette and never looked back. I more than doubled my money on the guns that I had sold.

I have been happy ever since. I still shoot once in a while and have several nice guns left. But at closed to 70 years old, I have a hard time getting out in the field like I used to.

I saw the day coming when all these young peckerwoods would want their Tom Knapp 10 shot guns and their AK47s. So I got rid of a lot of my guns. I got tired of seeing them sit in the safe.

I'm glad to see you guys keeping up the tradition. So forget about value and resale. Those days are probably gone. Remember the feeling of being out in the wild with a beautiful gun and caressing it like it was a beautiful woman. And pass along those feelings to your kids and your grandkids. That's the return you'll get on your investment. It's worth a lot more than the money you'll get out of them.

And hello to all you old timers who I haven't talked to for a while.

God Bless.

laugh