Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....We're ALL the audience, Craig. When there's a threat, that's when hunters get excited and start making noise. If that "noise" were to include the results of a study showing the superiority of lead over steel, that would help us make our case to the politicians--who are the ones that end up making the decisions.

My point is, and continues to be 'cripples'. If I had to guess, a truly scientific study would conclude that both lead and steel cripple game birds. But, I get to wave around a study that says lead does such and such a percentage less crippling. You're very adamant about what a waste of effort it is undo the steel and waterfowl hunting regs and laws. I never revisited that topic, but I'm sure you're aware of the numerous crippling studies associated with the introduction of steel shot. I would think that shows the wisdom of pursuing that leg to stand on.

'We' may be an audience, but maybe at some point you can admit that 'we' can not force a decision making politician to dig an obscure item out of a monstrous pile of business just to give us satisfaction. To help out, 'we' may be better off advocating for politicians rather than studies.